Hundrets of students from different countries and of different ages met in a seven hours' video conferencing marathon accompanied by several guests from outside Europe.
This statement could describe that great event between 6am GMT and 1pm GMT on 24th September 2015. The meeting was dated two days before the official European Day of Languages because of local issues here in Germany.
We were very happy to gather students from the French Overseas Departments into this great European students' family that day, too.
It was its great goal to express multilingualism in Europe on one hand and to point out that we all live in a great community- the European Community. All participants expressed these goals by introducing their country and giving an example of their local language presenting a poem, short story or a traditional food. One grade 5 class from Bulgaria let us all view into their regular lesson live while the students did their final preparations for their presentation.
Weeks before I set up a schedule using Google Drive tools where teachers and guests had the chance to register for a certain time slot. I offered one slot in German and seven slots in English language. EFL- teachers and GFL- teachers had the chance to embedd this conference into their regular lessons.
We all learned a lot about Europe and met new friends. Especially our guests from outside Europe, from Australia, India, Argentina and Brazil took their chance to get to know Europe a little better.
Thanks to all of you who took strong effords to prepare their presentations or being a member of a fantastic audience. These were:
* ZS Bakalovo Nab. 8, Brno; grade 8 students; teachers: Pavel Hodal, Gabriela Cizkova; Czech Republik
* "Mityo Stanev" Secondary School, Stara Zagora sity; 3rd grade students;teacher: Rositsa Mineva; Bulgaria
* ICS "G. Marconi" di Battipaglia, Battipaglia (SA), Classi 3/ Prof.essa Liguori/ prof.essa Di Luccio; Italy
* Alneskolan, Örnsköldsvik; class 8c; teacher: Mrs Yvonne Dahlqvist; Sweden
* Srednja škola Zabok, Zabok, grade 10/11, teacher: Ljubica Savic; Croatia
* Zespół Szkół w Węgoju, grade 8, teacher: Justyna Stysiek, Węgój; Poland
* Bokn School, Bokn; class :8-10; teacher: Stine Waage; Norway
* School 72, Ryazan; class: 6; teacher: Yelena Volina; Russia
* Breiðholtsskóli, Reykjavík; 9th class; teacher: Gudny Adalsteinsdottir; Iceland
* Collège Petit Manoir, Le Lamentine; grade 8 students; teachers: Catherine Mongis, Daniel Julien; Ile de La Martinique; France
* Realschule Sundern; class 7- 10; teachers: Gunhild Beckmann, Reinhard Marx; Germany
and guests/teachers (audience):
* Anne Mertschin, Hawkesdale P12 College, Hawkesdale; Australia
* Sebastian Panakal, Edupreneur, Cochin, Kerala, India
* Sabrina Espasandin, Instituto San Martín de Tours, Buenos Aires, Argentina
* Athalo Carrao, Lagoa Santa (MG), Brazil
* Shibi Ottuvazhickel, Kerala, India